Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ten days in






Wow...can't believe I've been here two weeks today. The experiences continue to come fast and furious, both from the outside and the inside. One of the most enjoyable is the ability to just go up into the mountains and walk, paint, hang out with the rocks and just breathe. No pressures, nobody in my face, lots of space. That has happened once since my arrival when we had a part day off and I ventured up to Hanneg on the gondola.

The view was spectacular! The trail was very narrow and made my head swim a bit since it was perched on the incline of a very high slope. I've never been prone to vertigo but I now have a little sense of what that feels like. I got to sit and paint the first entry in my new image journal, build a funky hobbit-type structure of rock in a crevice of a large stone outcropping and have a near-god experience. It was a fabulous day.

No comments: