Thursday, July 17, 2008

So, I am back in the mountains of Switzerland after a rather stressful time trying to get here on time to start school. Apparently there are quotas for Eurailpass holders so I was not able to get a train from Paris to Geneva until a day and a half later than scheduled. Quel dommage! An extra day in Paris was great to have once I had figured out the logistical challenges of rearranging CouchSurfing lodgings and letting the school know.

I was extremely lucky that Frederique was willing to contact her friend in Geneva so that I had a place to go. Veronique was just as fun and welcoming as Frederique. I enjoyed a lovely evening with her walking the old part of Geneva and chatting while she sipped coffee and I had a chocolate sorbet. I am one lucky lady!
But now it's time to work - and work we do. Just getting up to school is a work-out. We have finished our first course (Social and Developmental Issues) and will begin the next one after a Community lecture tomorrow. I am wishing for more energy and time to work on things that I must present next week. Our first assignment was to tell our life story in a 10 minute artistic presentation.
Last night the moon was stunning as it rose up from the mountain like a pearl. Everyday there are new things to see that I didn't see or notice last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice do!

sg