Thursday, July 17, 2008


There are many vendors on the streets that parallel the river. This is one of the few artists that still sell their work there. most stalls now sell used books and junky souvenirs. Sometimes there will be original art, but mostly that looks like it has been whipped up as well. This particular artist is the one that I chose to purchase a small watercolour from.

And yes, this is the typical "c'est moi!" photo at the Eiffel Tower. It is a work of engineering and structural steel art, for sure. It's also brown. Which I didn' know. It is lovelier than I expected. I didn't go up, but rather chose to rest in the sun on the ground in the park with the gazillion other tourists. Only I decided to paint this lovely "old lady" instead of buying postcards.
I wanted to post the last picture with the caption of "It's smaller than you think!" but I couldn't get it in the right spot. And actually it was larger than I thought!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Anonymous said...

sharon that's the best postcard i've seen ; the painted one :)

cute how you're holding the tower.

sg

jesse said...

i carry a pack of harmonicas, you carry a pack of watercolours. what a bunch we are! neat to see your impressions, both photo and paint.